“bullet” I was quoted reasonably well (they got a few things wrong) in this article in the Illinois State University newspaper.
“bullet” Big event locally on March 29 (a week from today). “Prohibition Kills: An Evaluation of the War on Drugs” featuring Greg Francisco (LEAP), Pete Guither (Drug WarRant), and George Pappas (IDEAL reform) at 7 pm on the Illinois State University campus (Bone Student Center, Old Main Room). If you’re in the area, please come.
“bullet” I’ve been busy recently with work and a bunch of other stuff, including putting together a girl band. (Yes, you heard that right.) It’s for a production of Caryl Churchill’s “Vinegar Tom” and the director (Deb Alley) wanted a girl band on stage for the 7 songs in the play, so I put the 3-piece band together (guitar, bass, drums), arranged the music and directed it. We’ve named the band “Succubi” and I think they’re great (but I’m biased, of course). The music is a combination of beautiful, yet horrifyingly creepy, ballads and complex rock that’s a little bit twisted (and definitely for mature audiences). “Vinegar Tom” opens Wednesday (March 28) in Westhoff Theatre (at Illinois State University) and runs through next Sunday.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?