I had a fairly major hard drive problem late night on Tuesday. I had to end up erasing and re-formatting. That could be a disaster, given the huge amounts of digital photography I do, and the fact that this blog software depends on the data stored on your computer to upload and maintain the site.
Fortunately, I back up on a regular basis. I had a full hard drive clone from September, and my most recent data backup was on Monday.
So I’m back in action and didn’t even lose a post (all that happened was that Tuesday’s post is now dated with today’s date).
It does give me the opportunity to remind people about my laptop fund. It’s been updated to show the new version that Mac just rolled out — more power and less expensive. I’m still looking for a February 1 purchase. A huge thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.
Oh, and…. back up your computer. You never know.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?