Well, I had an incredible adventure exploring Prague and the Czech Republic, the mountains of Slovakia, Budapest, and Vienna. And I didn’t even have to go through body cavity searches at customs — the very nice customs lady looked at my passport and warmly said: “Welcome home, Peter!”
A lot of people have asked me about the fact that the Czech Republic has very lax laws regarding marijuana. While I don’t know the specifics of the laws, as far as I can tell, it’s somewhat the equivalent of decriminalization — they just don’t bother arresting people for it. And, quite frankly, it was a total non-issue. Nobody cared. I didn’t see any drug dealers or drug problems. Society hadn’t gone crazy. Some people smoked pot. Most didn’t. (Most, in fact, drank beer, which is very big there.)
Anyway, I’ve been wading through all my emails and phone messages and everything since I got back and now I’ll be back to regular posting again. A few posts will be catch-up, but I won’t be able to get to everything that happened while I was gone.
A special thanks to all the regulars who kept Drug WarRant active in the comments and through the community messageboard while I was away!
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?