This is off-topic for drug policy reform, but I thought I’d let you know more about my current extra-curricular project.
I am musical director and performing in a production of “The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade” (also known by the shorter title: “Marat/Sade”). Performances are at the Illinois State University Center for the Performing Arts Theatre in Normal, Illinois, November 4-12. It’s a bizarre, wonderful and disturbing play about inmates in an insane asylum in the early 1800s putting on a political musical written and directed by the Marquis de Sade (also an inmate), with political relevance today.
So I am playing the harmonium (organ) as a mental patient (I’m chained to it during the show). The show is full of sex, violence, philosophy, and politics. It’s great fun.
If you’re in the area, check it out. The first one to email me with a request for tickets will get two free tickets.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?