It’s pretty exciting to have reached a level of visibility and power in the blogosphere that I can attract trolls. It’s been, in some ways, a novel treat, and for our commenters, it’s been an opportunity to do a little practice.
However, there’s a limit to the value of responding to trolls, because they aren’t really interested in learning anything. They just spout the same refuted points over and over. The value for other commenters soon fades, as they are not given the opportunity to take an argument to the next level — something that a discussion with a reasoned debater would allow.
At this point, I’m going to limit Taylor to 5 posts a day. That’s a huge amount. Anything over that will be deleted. Instead of writing 25 posts without saying anything, Taylor, take the time to think through 5 better posts.
Part of this is selfish. I have limited time and yet I want to read all comments posted to my blog. This repetitive argumentation is cutting down on my time to post blog entries.
If abuse continues, I may look into options for banning trolls, but I prefer not to do that.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?