Thanks for all the notes and responses recently regarding a whole lot going on in the world of drug policy.
On a personal note, the last couple of days have been extremely busy for me (in good ways), so I apologize to anyone who has written if I haven’t gotten around to responding.
I just opened a production today of Stephen Sondheim’s Passion at Illinois State University (I’m most of the orchestra — piano/conductor — for a small student production). If you’re in the area, two more performances will be held tomorrow (Saturday, April 23 at 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm) in Allen Theatre (admission is free). I’ve been in rehearsal four hours a night, six nights a week in addition to work.
I’m also faculty advisor for a student group that’s currently holding a four-square marathon (yes, four-square) for student scholarships, which is now in its 38th hour, so sleep is something I don’t quite remember.
I’m going to keep a close eye on the big news — including Raich (next possible decision dates are Tuesday and Wednesday — April 26/27). But I may miss some of the smaller stories over the next few days.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?