Well, my one week vacation stretched to almost two, with some wonderful time spent in Indianola (Iowa), Quincy (Illinois), and Chicago with family and friends. While I took a holiday vacation from Drug WarRant, the drug war continued to show up in discussion and on the news.
It was interesting over the holidays to talk with a variety of people from different backgrounds and political persuasions, including some violently opposed to drug use. Every single one I talked with, however, agreed that the drug war is not working.
I’m not saying there aren’t regular people who still mistakenly support the government’s war on drugs. It does appear, however, that their numbers are shrinking. The thin ice under the government’s position is getting downright vaporous in places. Once enough people are willing to point out that the support is gone, the drug war will no longer be able to stand.
How about you? Did you talk with friends or family about the drug war over Christmas? What did they have to say?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?