Yawn… Apparently marijuana may be useful in shrinking cancerous tumors in the brain. Libby at Last One Speaks has the story, as do several other bloggers and drug policy reform sites.
It’s almost old news — there have been so many studies showing the medical benefits of marijuana, and now there’s one more.
What makes it not old news is the fact that the U.S. government still promotes the blatant lie that there is no scientific evidence of the medical value of marijuana. And so, for that reason it is a critical piece of news. Yet, as my friend Scott notes, it’s off the radar not only of the U.S. government, but most of the mainstream media as well.
When I did a Google news search, I noticed coverage of the story in UK, South Africa, Ghana, Australia, India, Canada, Germany and all over the world.
However, in the U.S., the Washington Times put in a tiny mention, along with a TV station in Indiana and Kentucky, and some coverage in science journals.
Maybe it’s still coming? I can hope. But where’s AP and Reuters, who seem ready to pass on the Drug Czar’s distortions and lies at the drop of a hat (and without question)?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?