There’s lots that I missed while I was gone. Here’s a few good items worth reading. More may be coming later.
“bullet” Stephen Young is a good friend and an excellent drug policy reformer. You should read his article The Colonel’s Weed, which was recently printed in the Chicago Reader, telling about the hemp farm run by the Chicago Tribune in the 1930s.
“bullet” Potent Argument: The Latest Marijuana Scare by Jacob Sullum at Reason — another rebuttal of the ridiculous Reuters article by Maggie Fox.
“bullet” Yet Another Drug War Failure by Ted Galen Carpenter at CATO Institute — while the Drug Czar has admitted Columbia is a failure, Carpenter notes that it was doomed to failure.
“bullet” ‘Big decline’ in Colombia cocaine shows that the BBC knows how to report and actually questions the Drug Czar’s statements, particularly when they contradict each other. Would that more U.S. press would follow suit.
“bullet” Pseudoaddicts vs. Pseudopatients by Jacob Sullum again – at Hit and Run, a fascinating post about the DEA’s new pamphlet (pdf) on pain medication for doctors.
“bullet” Baylen at D’Alliance tells us about a paper in Utah that’s got their act together.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?