Nothing really new to us, but great to see such expanded coverage on a major show. This is from last night’s episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand have developed an edible coating made from encapsulated CBD that can preserve freshness in strawberries: 17-MAY-2023…” May 17, 20:31
- Spade Dude on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Three Camberwell Carrots = at least two oz.” May 15, 05:59
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Kamala Harris joined the Biden prohibition league and will not be supporting marijuana legalization at the federal level. What else could we have expected from a former prosecutor?
When my homeboy’s house got busted, the cops came in just singing, though no shooting. A civil lawsuit over the department is currently underway because the raiding officers tossed an octave into a crib.
My Congressman is angry over the new law that takes I believe 1000 or 2000 cops off the force.
They did all these violent drug raids and the banks paid a handling or licensing fee to launder drug money around December of 2012. Last year these banks have totaled over $2 trillion in laundered money since 1999.
If I had some housekeepers who couldn’t keep the room clean or looked the other way to allow rowdy occupants to destroy and set fire to the rooms, I’d so get rid of many cops, I mean, housekeepers.
The cops have been going after dope for decades and just these past few years, hordes of refugees, troubled by what drug money has done in Mexico and Central America, are crossing the border. And where were our cops? Why did drug money not stop within the first year or ten years or fourteen years or nineteen years of this ongoing War on Terror for Iraqi Oil and Afghan minerals? Where were the American cops?
Fraud is demanding and getting full pay with full benefits and retirement for not finishing even half the job.
If cops want all this power, don’t they know it’s illegal for them to consume an intoxicating or ‘light buzzed’ amount of alcohol at anytime . . . even when an Ohio Cop is out in the Keys for a family vacation . . . Off duty officers are expected and thus required to act like a cop in times of emergency and emergencies can happen while off duty and on vacation. Not even in their own home because they could be called or have to respond to a situation just outside the property. Probably only in another country can a cop have a second drink in under an hour.
I so expect a cop on vacation to play the role of cop in an emergency out in the middle of a Vegas Casino, Yellowstone, Cubs Game, The Smithsonian, or on a cruise ship, not Ted, who sells insurance or Megan who handles kindergarten kids outside of Mountainhome, AR. So, I’m 100% positive it is technically (via all the ‘just in case’ loopholes) illegal for anybody in Law Enforcement to have more than just one ‘standard’ drink in an hour . . . even while at Uncle Norm’s Cabin out in nowhere Maine for Thanksgiving and some football.
The same thing goes for prescription narcotic meds, sleep meds, and anxiety meds.
I’ve never been one to care or not if someone like Trump or Obama was president. I knew the heavier players clumped around at congressional level and the local small reps, plus mayors and city council and the governors. All their power and years in office shaped the local political culture that later bakes the reginal Blue and Red States/locations. They are our meat and potatoes and the president is the beverage that goes with the style of meal cooking up with these meats and potatoes.
It took me years of writing to a certain Republican Congressman before what I had to say and how I said it, altered how he sent emails to his followers and TV interviews–even just a little bit. When one of the congressmen’s people calls you back about something you wrote (very specific, like having Europe pay for our Mexican Wall because they’ve violated the 1961 U.N. Single Laws after 9/11), you know you’ve made some measurable size of a dent in their consciousness. A dozen plus emails a year that alert them to how hypocritical they are, and even points out to historical moments that shows precedents dictating that such activity is ‘very bad’ and walks on a tight-rope really close to sides the voter would never forgive if he fell.
It annoys me to no end for Tik-Tok/Twitter etc people to bad mouth Trump or Grandpa Jo. The probability is way high that they know very little about what their own people are doing inside their party.
If I got a dollar for every word I typed to a politician from my state or another or even in another country, I’d make a damn decent living.
PS Lucas Kunce is running in Missouri and his theme is attacking big nasty corporations, like private defense and Monsanto. I cannot vote for him, but I like him already for several reasons. He’s a Marine officer vet of Iraq/Afghanistan who knows how and what the cow looks like from outside its belly, eating grass. And he don’t mind attacking greedy business that use their power to harm the small and medium size guys or who come in with loophole contracts that move factories across continents.
Interesting times in South Dakota. While the Governor and her cronies got a friendly (elected?) judge to throw out the adult use cannabis referendum passed by voters on Election Day but the SD Senate got a different message. The message they heard was that the people have spoken and that it’s their job to “exert the will of the people.”
Mexico Set to Legalize Marijuana, Becoming Worldâ€™s Largest Market
Granted only medical, but let’s just add Morocco to that list:
Jeanine AÃ±ez has been arrested on terrorism and sedition charges for leading the coup in Bolivia. “The authors and accomplices of the dictatorship that looted the economy and attacked life and democracy in Bolivia [must] be investigated and punished,” said Evo Morales, the former president.
California Governor Gavin Newsom says he will replace Senator Dianne Feinstein with a Black woman if Feinstein retires from her senate post before the 2024 election. It would be great if it happens sooner than later. The 2022 elections don’t favor the Democrats as much if she chooses to stay until then.
Targeted treatment with no problematic side effects, synthetic cannabinoid WIN55,212-2 reduces essential tremor: