- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand have developed an edible coating made from encapsulated CBD that can preserve freshness in strawberries: 17-MAY-2023…” May 17, 20:31
- Spade Dude on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Three Camberwell Carrots = at least two oz.” May 15, 05:59
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Bill Maher on pot
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
Yep – Perhaps Pres Obama will show some signs of leadership on this issue. But if he doesn’t, oh well, seeds are in the ground and the market goes on. A completely free market, operating without legal protection or regulation. And it works very well.
Yea to the free market. Nay to government regulation that is in restraint of trade.
The racial application of the drug laws is finally registering with most religious leaders,,they are not standing up and talking about it(TMK)yet but it is the next step. When the churches stand up and call for an end to discriminatory prosecution of the poor and minorities.
All judges,law enforcement should be held accountable for allowing the racial application of drug laws to continue,,too few have stood up and said squat and they are continuing the policy still.
For them too claim it is unintentional is imbecilic,,any scan of any court docket or arrest statistics shouts it at them.
Meh. Maher doesn’t do it for me. Didn’t like the slam on medical one bit, either.
I did not read it as a slam on MMJ but a slam on the government because they had the “don’t ask,don’t tell policy for a decade or so before abandoning the policy and turned the military into en equal opportunity sexual harassment organization.
Marijuana is linked to pedophiles
Lets us see what else could be linked to pedophiles?
Sandwiches, soda, Ohhh lets not forget candy. Oh movies, puppies, rainbow, flowers…….
Any person unable to differentiate between pedophilia and choosing to enjoy cannabis is in desperate need of a check up from the neck up.
Marijuana and pedophiles? You must mean a link like this:
Bradley Manning is to be tried without a jury and largely in secret. How long before this type of trial becomes widespread for drug cases I wonder, particularly if jury nullification gets to be widespread? At least with W you knew you were getting a fascist from the start…
Bah, Mr. Bush the lesser and his faithful ward Dick were much too busy plundering the U.S. Treasury to worry too much about cannabis law enforcement.
For what it’s worth couch mates, I won my Hawai’i state supreme court case regarding MMJ transportation. 4-1 in my favor.
Kops/prosecutors were saying med users could not transport anywhere in public regardless of what the law said.
I proved them WRONG.
Hopefully this sets a precedent and stops the needless arrest/prosecution of thousands of patients in this state.
This happened friday. I owe a big THANKS to my PD’s and especially Dr. Charles Webb and his wife Sandy (who work tirelessly on the legislative level), Friends for Justice, Americans for Safe Access, ACLU and anyone else I might have forgotten! And, it didn’t cost me a DIME (except time/effort). OH! I gotta thank the state (taxpayers) for paying for ALL OF IT.
one more brick has fallen….
yah mon… chant down Babylon indeed…
I’m generally not a big fan, but this piece is well done and makes several good points (which readers here are all probably already aware of).
I’ve always thought the parties had it backwards with respect to prohibition. Limited government, personal freedom and responsibility versus a nanny government that insists on protecting people from themselves. It’s an issue tailor made for Republicans, and couldn’t hurt with respect to attracting younger voters. They should jump on the legalization bandwagon but, as Mr. Maher pointed out, they won’t. Not that too many Democrats are doing much jumping either. I think it boils down to most politicians not wanting to go out on a limb, in spite of how sturdy that limb has become. It’s up to the people to lead and politicians, hopefully, to follow.