So much going on, I wish I had time to post right now.
“bullet” The Agitator is still working the Cory Maye story.
“bullet” The converstaion with DAMMAD’s Steve Steiner continues at Dare Generation Diary
“bullet” Federal Judge Calls DEA’s View of Hemp ‘Asinine’ (no kidding!)
“bullet” Feingold notes that the sneak and peak provisions of the Patriot Act are mostly used to go after drug cases. (It’s not really about terrorism — it’s about going after our own citizens.) Add the fact that a meth bill was added to the Patriot Act, and it becomes sickeningly transparent that the politicians don’t really care about terrorism, but like having it around to use as a club to scare people into giving up rights.
At the same time, several major media sources revealed that the Bush administration may have been illegally spying on American citizens for several years, and Congress is asking for an investigation.
Perhaps in part because of this, the Patriot Act extension was temporarily derailed yesterday as the Senate failed to invoke cloture (the ending of discussion), but Frist at the last minute switched his vote to no (knowing it was losing) so he can bring it up for a vote again at any time. There will likely be some arm twisting going on.
What will happen? Is it possible for the American public to rise up and say “We won’t give up our rights any longer.”?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?