In a nationally coordinated effort, operation Justify Our Budget (or JOB, for short) came to a stunning conclusion today.
487 DEA agents, working with local law enforcement officials, went into stores in 73 cities around the country and bought bags of Doritos. Some agents purchased two, and one agent in Phoenix, Arizona actually came away with five. The bags had a street value of $1 to $3, based on size and whether they were cheesier.
All the bags will be taken to a secure site where they will be destroyed.
DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy said in a statement. “This shows what we can do with significant resources around the country working together. This will absolutely decimate the Doritos supply in the United States.”
When reached for comment, a Doritos spokesman said, “Crunch all you want. We’ll make more.”
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?