Steve at Decrimwatch notes that good old Andrea Barthwell is in Peoria today. Oh well, I missed her talk at White Oaks Center today, where she apparently planned to include her usual warning of the dangerously potent pot that’s been destroying the country and supposedly has already wiped out Canada. Steve does a great job of fisking some of her comments.
However, there’s one point that puzzles me about this article. Who is paying Andrea Barthwell to travel to Peoria, Illinois and spread disinformation? After all, she is formerly with the Drug Czar’s office but no longer working for the government as far as I know. Is the ONDCP illegally paying her? Or is she getting paid by White Oaks, which depends on much of its income from the criminal justice referrals of marijuana “addicts.” Or does she just like doing it? Inquiring minds want to know.
I’ve asked the Peoria Journal Star if they’d clarify. We’ll see.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?