“bullet” David Borden at Prohibition and the Media has a couple of interesting posts. He talks about a massive cocaine bust in Mississippi that took 60 people from 10 agencies, and involved a full 7 years to build a case to seize $160,000 worth of cocaine. Talk about throwing away tax money.
David also notes that Baltimore police actually admit that their prohibition efforts cause increased violence. But they’re doing it anyway.
“bullet” Grits for Breakfast has a organized guide to all their coverage of the Tom Coleman (Tulia) trial, in case you missed any of this excellent material.
“bullet” As Loretta notes, ex-cop Howard Woolridge is still riding his horse into towns to talk about the failures of drug prohibition. An outstanding man who is doing incredible work for drug policy reform. As always, check out Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP).
“bullet” Peter Dizikes in Salon today has an article detailing the 34 scandals in the current administration that he says are worse than Whitewater. Regardless of what you may think about his conclusions, my reaction is disbelief that the ONDCP/drug war was not mentioned once. Inappropriate lobbying, illegal covert propaganda, lying… Maybe it’s just that it’s so common as to be considered standard operating procedure. Or is it that it happens under the drug prohibition efforts of both parties, so nobody wants to point fingers too much?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?