“bullet” Loretta Nall’s debate last night turned out relatively non-controversial as her “opponent” was mostly in agreement. (It’s hard to get the real prohibitionists to debate since their position has so little factual base.) You can get the story (and listen to the show) at Loretta’s blog.
“bullet” John at High: The true tale of American Marijuana has completed the first part of his rebuttal of the Drug Czar’s ridiculous publication: “Marijuana Myths & Facts: The Truth Behind 10 Popular Misperceptions”. The rebuttal of the intro is a good start and I look forward to see where he goes from here. Here’s a couple of brief observations I made on that publication back in November (and if you look at the comments on that post, you’ll see that Lorax has started work on a different kind of refutation.) Of course, for the real Marijuana Myths and Facts, you can go to Zimmer and Morgan’s Marijuana Myths Marijuana Facts – an excellent book.
“bullet” Power and Control has a little piece on a drug bust at a Carnival Cruise which caught my attention. Unfortunately, the news on it is very spotty, and I haven’t been able to find more details (such as whether there was any legitimate legal cause/justification to do a search). But the notion of using a “captive” location (like a cruise) to do random drug searches is disturbing to my view of what’s left of the constitution.
“bullet” And finally, Happy Birthday to Libby at Last One Speaks.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- NorCalNative on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “Hey dude. Any thoughts on why legalization lost so badly? That 2-to-1 split surprised me.” Mar 8, 13:53
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?