“bullet” Loretta Nall’s debate last night turned out relatively non-controversial as her “opponent” was mostly in agreement. (It’s hard to get the real prohibitionists to debate since their position has so little factual base.) You can get the story (and listen to the show) at Loretta’s blog.
“bullet” John at High: The true tale of American Marijuana has completed the first part of his rebuttal of the Drug Czar’s ridiculous publication: “Marijuana Myths & Facts: The Truth Behind 10 Popular Misperceptions”. The rebuttal of the intro is a good start and I look forward to see where he goes from here. Here’s a couple of brief observations I made on that publication back in November (and if you look at the comments on that post, you’ll see that Lorax has started work on a different kind of refutation.) Of course, for the real Marijuana Myths and Facts, you can go to Zimmer and Morgan’s Marijuana Myths Marijuana Facts – an excellent book.
“bullet” Power and Control has a little piece on a drug bust at a Carnival Cruise which caught my attention. Unfortunately, the news on it is very spotty, and I haven’t been able to find more details (such as whether there was any legitimate legal cause/justification to do a search). But the notion of using a “captive” location (like a cruise) to do random drug searches is disturbing to my view of what’s left of the constitution.
“bullet” And finally, Happy Birthday to Libby at Last One Speaks.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?